About Kru Mel
Mel Bellissimo is an easy-going, passionate, and goofy father, a Muay Thai Kru (Teacher in Thai), and most importantly, a student of life.
Mel founded Decorus Life, offering leadership & life coaching services to bring clarity and a deeper sense of connection for men and women who manage a nutso amount of responsibilities. In addition to co-founding DudeBuddha, he is a partner at HealthGenie, where he provides consulting services to gyms, schools, and recreational facilities in setting up Muay Thai programs.
Mel has been engulfed in Muay Thai for almost 25 years, spending 2 years training, fighting, and teaching in Thailand. He was at the helm of a successful MMA school in Toronto for over 11 years where he supported thousands of people from entrepreneurs, executives, and children. Whether in or outside the ring, the ability to control the impact of emotions in order to achieve clarity and focus under stress is a major factor in winning.
It was this very experience that he realized the deeper value of his martial arts training and coaching in supporting the lives of his members. This attracted corporate executives, Entrepreneurs, and individuals who carry an incredible amount of responsibilities to seek the “Kru” for advice.
His desire to be even of greater value to these individuals led him down the path of metaphysics where he studied for 5 years and facilitated a wide variety of classes and seminars across the globe. He sat on international teaching panels as a speaker for a number of esoteric, martial arts, and business events. He is now working on his advanced intensive training towards certification in Choice Theory, Lead Management, and Reality Therapy.
Is Mel Right For You
Finding a Coach is a very personal thing and that person must resonate with you. There has to be an energy or a vibe that you feel when hiring a coach. The kinds of people who have worked with me and made changes in their lives are people who:
1. Have an appreciation for the life lessons that come from Martial Arts even if you have never taken any before.
2. Prefer a relaxed “Chilled”environment, where deep conversations and serious growth can be had.
3. Have a drive for personal change and growth. You have challenges in life but have an attitude of gratitude and a strong desire to resolve them successfully.
4. Are leaders and want to be the best versions of themselves so they can be strong pillars of support for their families and communities.
5. Have an appreciation for life and understand that the best investment is in themselves because it pays the best dividends for them and their loved ones.
6. Are ready to make changes (like the old expression when the student is ready the teacher will appear)
7. Have lots of responsibility, they are go-getters.
8. Those you have lost their way and want to reconnect with the warrior mindset.
9. Are not sure that anything needs to change but feel there is more, or there is something missing. (The magic happens outside the comfort zone)